Accelerate website performance in China and improve your SEO ranking in mainland China with Mirror Hosting.
Don’t miss out on another world record breaking shopping event. Explore the benefits of CDS’ Mirror Hosting.
What Mirror Hosting Does
- Prevents future site blockage – permanently
- Accelerates website performance with page loading times of <3 seconds per page
- Provides a regional IP address
- Significantly improves SEO ranking through accelerated site performance and regional IP address
- Does NOT disrupt the central server
- Does NOT affect third party supporting systems such as Salesforce, Pardot, or Google Analytics
- Provides NO security risk to the central server
“We are so appreciative of CDS’ Mirror Hosting solution. In the ten months since deploying CDS’ Mirror Hosting our website traffic in China has grown from 30,000 sessions to 1,000,000 sessions per month.”Yvonne Quan-Wong, Web Management at SCIEX
Mirror Hosting is recommended for:
International companies with a centralized web hosting architecture seeking to improve SEO, accelerate website performance and Internet reliability in mainland China.
International companies with a centralized server commonly translate their websites into multiple languages and adopt regional URLs when entering a new country or regional market. In the majority of countries, these simple modifications result in regional websites which have much the same functionality and speed as the origin site.
However, these modifications are not sufficient in mainland China where website functionality is dependent on some unique conditions all of which can be resolved by CDS Mirror Hosting. CDS Mirror Hosting accelerates website performance and greatly improves the user experience by providing fast, reliable Internet connectivity.
Challenges to Accelerating Website Performance in Mainland China
Websites hosted outside mainland China face two major challenges.
The first challenge is website performance and speed.
Traffic congestion at the Great Firewall often results in packet loss, increased latency, or site blockage. If your data makes it through the Firewall intact, the next issue is the inherent design of the Chinese internet. The four primary Chinese internet providers only cross-connect at 15 nodes in a country that is the size of Canada causing additional delays. Together, these conditions slow website performance and result in poor user experience.
The second significant challenge is Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
China’s leading search engines, Baidu and 360 Search, rank websites by page load times and by their IP addresses. Sites with foreign IP addresses are automatically ranked lower than those with local IP addresses. Combine that with slower page load times and the majority of foreign websites are seldom considered relevant in online searches.
Below are a few examples of actual data transmission showing page loading times in China. The red dots indicate instances in which the page failed to load.
Your website needs Mirror Hosting if
- Access speeds from China to your host server are so slow that “Server Time Out”, “Cannot Open Page”, or “Domain Name Does Not Exist” are common messages
- Packet loss is 30% or greater
- Your site is periodically blocked from inside China for unknown reasons
- Changing the main website IP prevents site blockage for only short periods
- Your site has a foreign IP address – Chinese search engines do not rank foreign IP addresses high enough to appear relevant in searches
- Your page loading time is > 3 seconds per page – if Chinese search engines determine the page loading speed is too slow they will rank the site as relevant in searches
ICP Registration is required. Assistance with ICP Registration is available to all CDS customers.
Click here to request a free report on your website’s performance in China.
Are you ready to improve your website performance and SEO ?
How Mirror Hosting Works
CDS’ data centers throughout China, the United States, Japan, Singapore, the UAE, the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, and Taiwan are interconnected via our fiber optic Global Private Network (GPN). This same GPN extends through the Firewall into Mainland China providing a fast, secure network with low latency and zero packet loss.
Utilizing CDS’ GPN, Internet traffic is routed through a secure, dedicated, Layer 2 Internet connection into China bypassing the public Internet congestion of at the Firewall and mirroring the origin server on our proxy servers in Beijing.
Our Global Private Network + Global Interconnected Cloud (GPN+GIC) architecture provides a unique and straightforward solution for companies experiencing poor user connectivity in China.
Click here for a test report on CDS’ Mirror Hosting.