Mirror Hosting is recommended for:
International companies with a centralized web hosting architecture seeking to accelerate website performance and increase Internet speed and reliability in mainland China.
International companies with a centralized server commonly translate their websites into multiple languages and adopt regional URLs when entering a new country or regional market. In the majority of countries, these simple modifications result in regional websites which have much the same functionality and speed as the origin site.
However, these modifications are not sufficient in mainland China where website functionality is dependent on some unique conditions all of which can be resolved by CDS Mirror Hosting. CDS Mirror Hosting accelerates website performance and greatly improves the user experience by providing fast, reliable Internet connectivity.
Internet Challenges in Mainland China
Websites hosted outside mainland China face two major challenges.
The first challenge is site speed. Traffic congestion at the Great Firewall often results in packet loss, increased latency, or site blockage. If your data makes it through the Firewall intact, the next issue is the inherent design of the Chinese internet. The four primary Chinese internet providers only cross-connect at 15 nodes in a country that is the size of Canada causing additional delays. Together, these conditions slow website performance and result in poor user experience.
The second significant challenge is search engine optimization (SEO). China’s leading search engines, Baidu and 360 Search, rank websites by page load times and by their IP addresses. Sites with foreign IP addresses are automatically ranked lower than those with local IP addresses. Combine that with slower page load times and the majority of foreign websites are seldom considered relevant in online searches.
Below are a few examples of actual data transmission showing page loading times in China. The red dots indicate instances in which the page failed to load.
Below are a few examples of actual data transmission showing page loading times in China from data centers not located in mainland China. The red dots indicate instances in which the page failed to load.
Mirror Hosting can help if:
- Access speed from China to the host is slow resulting in: “Server Time Out”, “Cannot Open Page”, or “Domain Name Does Not Exist”
- Packet loss is 30% or greater
- Your site is blocked from inside China for unknown reasons
- Changing the main website IP prevents site blockage only for short periods
- Your site has a foreign IP address – Chinese search engines do not rank foreign IP addresses high enough to appear relevant in searches
- Your page loading time is > 3 seconds per page – if Chinese search engines determine the page loading speed is too slow they will rank the site as relevant in searches
ICP Registration is required. Assistance with ICP Registration is available to all customers hosting with CDS anywhere in the world – free of charge. (Please note: the Chinese government requires a local representative with a Chinese phone number and address in order to apply for ICP Registration.)
Improve website performance in mainland China and experience fast, stable Internet connectivity from anywhere in the world with CDS Mirror Hosting.
Click here to request a free report on your website’s performance in China.
Are you ready to improve your website performance and SEO ?
How Mirror Hosting Works
CDS’ data centers throughout China, the United States, Japan, Singapore, the UAE, the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, and Taiwan are interconnected via our fiber optic Global Private Network (GPN). This same GPN extends through the Firewall into Mainland China providing a fast, secure network with low latency and zero packet loss.
Utilizing CDS’ GPN, Internet traffic is routed through a secure, dedicated, Layer 2 Internet connection into China bypassing the public Internet congestion of at the Firewall and mirroring the origin server on our proxy servers in Beijing.
Our Global Private Network + Global Interconnected Cloud (GPN+GIC) architecture provides a unique and straightforward solution for companies experiencing poor user connectivity in China.
- Future site blockage is prevented – permanently
- Website is accelerated with improved page loading time of <3 seconds per page
- Regional IP address is provided
- SEO ranking is significantly improved through accelerated site performance and regional IP address
- There is no disruption to the central server
- Third party supporting systems such as Salesforce, Pardot, or Google Analytics are not affected
- There is no security risk to the central server
Click here for a test report on CDS’ Mirror Hosting.